Tuesday, January 7, 2014

I heard y'all were cold...


I'd hate start out like this, but I'm over here in shorts and a t-shirt while 
ya'll are swirling around in an "arctic vortex." I turned on my phone this morning and was surprised to see that every text or email I'd received during the night contained the writer's current local temperature. I felt like I was Mother Nature getting updates from her scattered correspondents. I'm so sorry y'all are below freezing! I've predicted that a blonde woman with red lipstick from Fox News will soon challenge "global warming" on live television based on these historic temperatures. Email me when you see that!! 

Love y'all. Miss y'all. 

I finally took photos today. I just wanna warn you.... The capuchins from this summer let me get a lot closer to them to take photos... These chimp pics have to be snapped from a distance. :-/ So don't expect anything amazing. Tomorrow is Market Day- so hopefully I can grab some good photos of some good things there. 

The chimps were reunited today! They travelled together, prolly like 7 of them, to our observation area. Only two cracked nuts though... Which is weird. They just haven't wanted to crack this past week! I think I know why...
  They've been crop raiding!!! These guys steal the villagers' crops! Oh it's such a problem. Rice, pineapples, everything. And when they do this, our guides can't follow them. They have to leave them. It's a social issue too, you see.

Today I discovered the outdoor shower. I mean, I certainly knew this thing existed- I walk by it everyday, but today I DISCOVERED it.  There's been too many people around before! See, there's no door to the thing. It's just out in the backyard. Merely a circle of tall palm fronds and a pebble floor. I've not wanted anyone to stumble upon me showering (like I stumbled upon that British guy's tush!)... So I just kept using the cold, dark indoor shower. "Dark"as in, I have to set up flashlight in order to see what I'm doing.
   But in this outdoor shower... It's bright! OH THE SUN!! The SUN! The sun shines bright above me and warms me!! The water is still icy cold coming out of that bucket... But still!! My, how refreshing.

(I don't know if that was blog worthy.)

Oh, I wanted to share: Cat told me that you can always tell which American football teams have had a bad season because more of their apparel gets donated and ends up here. I don't know how much of that is true... But I do just want to mention that I saw a woman wearing a Florida Gators jacket the other day. 
And a kid with an Atlanta Braves hat...

So, keeping up with my fascination with old chimps (and people): Cat said that there are places around her hometown in Scotland that have an age expectancy of roughly 47 years old (men). I have met wild chimps older than that. 4 of them. They don't have medicines. Explain to me how wild chimps can live longer than humans who live in a nation that provides free health care. But... But...we are so smart! 

What elseeee what elseee que maissss que maisssss. Idk, I'm just worried about all you being so cold. 

No comments:

Post a Comment